Who We Are
The Bay Area Business Express Network is a league of The American Business Women’s Association (ABWA). The Bay Area Business Express Network is located in the San Francisco, California Bay Area and was chartered in October 2014, with 42 women.
The Bay Area Business Express Network provides opportunities to its members in achieving their career goals through personal and professional development, networking their businesses and recognizing their achievements.
Members also raise funds for scholarships through the Stephen Bufton Memorial Educational Foundation, offering opportunities for women to earn college degrees, retrain for the workplace or take continuing education courses through the Apex Campus, our national online community.
Our Core Values
Our core values are the foundation for which the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) was founded on in 1949. They’re reflective of the ethos of the ABWA culture and have been integral to creating an enduring and supportive community for generations of women in the workplace.
1. Selfless Leadership – Be committed to doing the right thing, always. Be transparent in your actions even when no one is looking!
2. Building Community – Be committed to creating sustainable ABWA communities where women can connect, learn, and grow together.
3. Value and Seek Diversity – Be committed to recruiting new members from diverse cultures, ages, work industries and experiences.
4. Manage for Innovation and Excellence – Be committed to original thinking and delivering excellence in everything you do.
5. Lifelong Learning – Be committed to enhancing your own business knowledge, skills, and acumen. Be unafraid to make mistakes, iterate, err and try again.
6. Focus on Facts and Own Results – Be committed to using “data” to drive your decisions and actions and be accountable for your performance, good and bad.
7. Choose to Make a Difference – Be committed to unlocking a member’s potential and inspiring/motivating her to become the best version of herself.
8. Celebrate – Be committed to celebrating members’ achievements.
Yolanda Davis - President
“Take advantage of all that life has to offer. ABWA has been just that and more.”
Edna Brown - President Elect
“I joined ABWA because I was introduced to a new sisterhood, that is, women of diverse occupations and ethnicity. I was also introduced to an enormous amount of information and classes that are offered through ABWA. I have gained knowledge and grown in my profession. I have stayed for the same reasons.”
Cyndie Berglund - VP Communications
Amy Dawson - VP Finance
“Having just moved to a new city, I was looking to network with like-minded women to build my community. I found that and so much more with ABWA! Participating in the educational and leadership opportunities ABWA provided directly impacted my career growth and I have made lifelong friendships with women all over the country who celebrated with me during good times and supported me during the tough times. After 28 years, I am still as actively involved in ABWA.”
Artesia DuPree - VP Programs
“When I attended my first meeting, on that day, I was only thinking about being an event planner for a celebration the league was planning, not knowing anything about the organization. As part of what I do when I have a new client is to meet with them and observe what they do, so when I plan an event for them, I know them personally. I joined at my very first meeting and 10 years later, I am still here. This was what I had been searching for and did not even know it at the time. I have grown personally and professionally because of this organization. ABWA helped me recreate my authentic self.”
Nancy Bircher - VP PR & Marketing
Carol Cade - VP Membership
“I joined ABWA because it’s an organization that empowers women where they are in life. It doesn’t matter if you are in an entry level position, a seasoned professional, retired, or between jobs, ABWA has something for you. I stay because there is always something new to learn and to add to my toolbox.”